In reaching our goals for the tri-county area, we hope to have the following impact in Green Lake, Marquette and Waushara counties:
- Sharing of expenses, resources and information.
- Business retention and/or expansion resulting in job retention/security and/or job creation. As we have seen there are numerous impacts when a business leaves a community.
- Business development leading to job creation and enhancing the tax base. Bringing businesses into the region could provide jobs that pay livable wages and have a tremendous fiscal impact on the region. Job creation and better paying jobs could improve the quality of life for residents in the region and enhance their purchasing power.
- Pursue grant and funding opportunities to bring other strategic initiatives to fruition.
- Provide for a single contact person and location for the region for interested visitors, businesses, state agencies, municipalities and other counties.
- An opportunity to provide a timely response to questions and requests for information – demographics, funding opportunities, development sites, available real estate, community infrastructure data, etc.
- Provides for a regional focus with broader considerations of the impacts of growth and development.
- Will place Green Lake, Marquette and Waushara Counties in a more competitive position.
- Would allow for the region to take advantage of grants and other <a href=”/?page_id=69″>funding opportunities</a> with a central location to submit applications and administer grant funding. This is especially important given the current emphasis by state government to look at regional approaches in new initiatives. Provide confidentiality, persistence, accountability and expertise.